South Wake Sabres 2017/2018 Basketball Season
The South Wake Sabres Basketball tryouts for new and returning players will be held on Saturday, September 9th , 2017 at Pleasant Grove Baptist Church. The address is 10005 Lake Wheeler Road, Fuquay-Varina, NC 27526. Invite your homeschool friends with basketball experience! Our mission is to provide a Christ-centered environment for homeschooled young men and women to develop in character and skill while playing basketball at a highly competitive level. We will have (6) teams this year, Middle School Girls, Middle School Boys, Junior Varsity Girls, Junior Varsity Boys, Varsity Girls and Varsity Boys.
Players should attend the tryouts by the following age brackets:
Age eligibility by team is determined as of August 1, 2017. A player cannot reach the age first listed after the team name. (Player selection will be based on age and skill level.)
- Middle School – 14 (Age bracket is 11-13) (ex. player must be 13 or less as of July 31st, 2017)
- Junior Varsity – 17 (Age bracket is 14-16)
- Varsity – 19 (Age bracket is 17-18)
The tryout times are as follows:
|8:00-10:30 am||Middle School Girls/Junior Varsity Girls/Varsity Girls||Head Coach (Varsity and JV)- Jared Foulke, email@example.com
Head Coach (Middle School)- Carmen Javaux, firstname.lastname@example.org
|10:30-11:45 am||Middle School Boys||Head Coach- Oliver Wilson, email@example.com|
|11:00 am – NOON
||Mandatory meeting for parents of all players||Meet the coaches and hear the Sabre’s program presentation|
|11:45 am – 1:15 pm||Junior Varsity Boys/Varsity Boys||Head Coach (JV) – Josh Wredberg, firstname.lastname@example.org
Head Coach (Varsity) – Jeff Edwards, email@example.com
If your son or daughter plans to tryout, please notify the appropriate coach prior to the event via email. Players are required to provide a $50 deposit with completed waiver liability and registration forms prior to participating in tryouts. New players to the program must also provide age verification via birth certificate.
List of required and completed items at tryouts:
- Player Registration will be available online (complete online @ southwakesabres.org) (located under the ‘Community/Player Registration’ tab)
- During registration, you are required to acknowledge your consent for both the Sabre’s Handbook, Player/Parent Contract and also the Sabre’s Waiver/Release Liability Agreement. Acknowledgement to both of these agreements is required.
- The Sabre’s Handbook including the Player/Parent contract is available online at http://www.southwakesabres.org (located under the ‘Community/Downloads’ tab).
- $50 deposit, check made out to South Wake Sabres, turned in at registration table the day of tryouts (applied to season fee if player is selected, refunded if not selected)
- Birth certificate for new players only, verified at tryout registration table and returned.
- Mandatory Parent Meeting- must be attended by at least one parent (see scheduled time above on this tryout announcement sheet) There will be a sign in sheet.
- If registration online is not possible, forms will be made available at tryout check in.
Payment schedule for the 2016-2017 basketball season (selected players only): $400 total/player ($50 paid at tryouts)
1st payment of $200 is due by OCTOBER 1, 2017
2nd payment of $100 is due by NOVEMBER 1, 2017
3rd payment of $50 is due by December 1, 2017
The Sabres may offer voluntary player fundraising throughout the season to offset regular season fees. If so, families may choose to participate to offset their player cost for the regular season. However, for those choosing to or choosing not to participate in fundraising, the payment schedule above must be complied with.
After the end of the regular season in early March, players are expected to participate in the very exciting HSPN East Coast Championship Tournament at Liberty University, Lynchburg, VA. Player cost for participation is in addition to the regular season cost and is estimated to be $160/player. The actual cost of this tournament for each player will be determined based on the success of team fundraising during this season.
We look forward to seeing you on the 9th of September.
Athletic Director, South Wake Sabres