Updated Wednesday, October 21, 2020 by South Wake Sabres Steering Committee
- All procedures and policies will follow and/or be superseded by local and state guidelines.
- All coaches must complete this free course: NFHS (COVID19-Training for Coaches and ADs)
- All practices, meetings and competitions will comply with current government recommendations and requirements for gatherings.
- There will be no spectators for practices at this time with the exception of approved volunteers and coaches.
- Any spectator allowed in the gym will be required to wear a face covering/mask and maintain social distance of at least 6 feet. Players must wear a face covering/mask to enter and exit the gym, but it is optional to be worn during a practice or game. Face coverings may include medical or cloth masks as well plastic face shields.
- All players must have their own water bottles, towels, clothing, pinnies, etc. These should be labeled clearly and kept in a personal bag. This will cut down on contact spread.
- Hand sanitation is required by every single person immediately after entering the building and before leaving. It is recommended that players follow hand washing protocols as outlined by the CDC upon entering/exiting the gym. However, hand sanitizer will be available at the entrance/exits and elsewhere in the gym.
- All uniforms must be laundered after each game and should never be shared.
- Each player must verify their current symptoms WEEKLY on Sunday with the checklist below and by completing the COVID-19 Screening Form. If the answer to ANY question is yes, then they may not play nor even be in the gym.
- Have you or anyone in your household had any of the following symptoms in the last 48 hours: fever at or greater than 100 degrees Fahrenheit, chills, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fatigue, muscle or body aches, new loss of smell or taste, sore throat, cough, nausea or vomiting, or diarrhea?
- Do you have any reason to believe you or anyone in your household has been exposed to or acquired COVID-19 in the past 10 days?
- To the best of your knowledge, have you been in close physical contact (6 feet or closer for at least 15 minutes) with any individual who is known to have laboratory-confirmed COVID-19 in the past 14 days?
- Before EACH practice, families must self-monitor players’ current symptoms with the same checklist in #9 above.
- We reserve the right to implement a sign-in sheet and/or temperature check for entry into games. This must include players, parents, coaches and officials – anyone in the gym. This is to facilitate tracking if someone gets sick. A decision on this will be made later closer to when games start.
- No post game handshake will be allowed. Each team should plan a fun contactless way to acknowledge opponents after a game.
- Absolutely NO ONE except players, coaches, officials and volunteers may be on the court or team bench at any time. Spectators may not shoot baskets or play with team equipment at any time.
This policy is subject to change per the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the State of North Carolina guidelines and regulations and/or as determined by the South Wake Sabres Steering Committee.